The Heart Chakra is located at the center of the 7 main energy centers.
It is the connector between the mental world (upper chakras) and the material world (lower chakras).
The Heart Chakra rules Connection, Unconditional Love, Forgiveness, Respect, Empathy and Compassion.
The Heart Chakra teaches us the Law of Give and Receive. Due to the nature of human relations, it can be easily blocked. Forgiveness unblocks this energy wheel. Why? Because when vibrating in love it does not recognizes separation between oneself and the others, understands we are all connected in a Oneness.
According to Robert Bruce, author of Energy Work, “your heart center is always PUMPING out rich loving energy from wall-to-wall when you are inside a room. It’s constantly generating this energy – and it’s EASY to influence people when you’re able to tune into and channel this radiance.”
Symptoms of underactive heart chakra:
- Feeling of abandonment Holding grudges
- Inability to give or receive love
Symptoms of overactive heart chakra:
- Giving too much to others
- Lost sense of identity or boundaries
- Constant need of approval
Working on unblocking our Heart Chakra teaches us to:
- Be open to create, respect and nurture deep relationships with ourselves and others.
- Develop empathy so we can understand and improve the internal and external communication of our needs and truth.
- The power of forgiveness. Learning to release negative emotions such as anger, hatred, pride, grief, jealousy and replacing them with positive ones: love, connection, forgiveness, compassion.
- Be willing to give and receive.
Opening your heart is the start of a healing process.
If you are looking forward to heal this chakra, the following crystals are the best for therapy: Rose quartz, Jade, Green Aventurine, Emerald and Malachite.
As for aromatherapy, essential oils to help unblock this chakra are: Rose, Rosemary, Geranium, Jasmine, Marjoram, Ylang Ylang and Sandalwood
“The heart center is the body’s producer of both healing and loving energy. It so happens that these two kinds of energy are VERY similar in resonance. By directing this energy production, you gain control over your personal love life, enhance your body’s ability to heal itself, and your ability to project healing energy to help others.”
- The Astonishing Power of Emotions: Let Your Feelings Be Your Guide
- Heart Intelligence: Connecting with the Intuitive Guidance of the Heart
- The Power of the Heart, Baptiste de Pape
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts
- ¿Por qué no fluye el amor en mi vida?
- La Maestría del Amor (Un libro de la sabiduría tolteca)